Head-on car accident kills woman, injures man

Head-on car accident kills woman, injures man

When there is an injury or a fatality because of a dangerous property condition in Saint Peters, the victim or the victim’s family has the right to seek compensation. While these accidents and injuries might seem unusual, they happen quite frequently and it is vital that those who are affected by them understand the law regarding property accidents and how to pursue a legal filing.

It is the responsibility of the property owner to ensure that the property is safe for those who walk on it. If there are possible dangers, there must be warnings about them. If there are no warnings or protective measures and an accident happens, then it is the right of the injured party to seek compensation for medical costs, lost time at work and anything else that comes about after the accident. There are many ways in which there can be a viable lawsuit after an accident on someone else’s property.

There can be a case in the following situations: if there is liquid on the floor that was not cleaned as it should have been; there was a lack of repair to damage; items were left in the path of where people walk in a store; there was a failure to clear ice and salt the sidewalk; an accident happens on someone’s private property; a person falls on the street, sidewalk or in a parking area; someone falls and hits his or her head, suffering a head injury; a person falls and injures a back or neck; a person breaking a bone or tearing a muscle in a fall, and much more.

It can be difficult to receive a reasonable offer after an accident on someone else’s property. Insurers will frequently try to drag out the process and avoid a payout. Considering the tactics that might hinder being compensated after a slip-and-fall accident, having legal help is key. That is the first call that should be made after the incident.

The Johnson Law Firm, LLC, can answer your questions about what our legal practices. Contact us for a free consultation. We are located in St. Charles and serve the surrounding areas of Missouri.